Now I promised told PPD I would do one of her food quizzes. I really do not know why I chose this last week’s one.
Really, I do cook, but who the hell cooks’ with these stuff? How on earth is it that I have no cookin’ clue what these items are? And I’m NOT living under a rock.
Sorry PPD. I tried!!!
I hereby wish to apologise to anyone else who might be offended by my answers. Kak man, you guys mos know me by now!!!!
Here is the following food Quiz. Please copy the questions and do the answers on your own blog – just leave a comment here to tell me that you are going to do the Quiz! Please don’t Google to find the answers! (HAH, from my answers you will see pure authenticity)
Edit: I’m a tad late with submission. The answers have already been posted. I wassent here yesterday, OK?! But I didn’t peek. Obviously 😉
1. Give another name for green almonds. Uhm. Algae almonds?
2. What is “China Grass Powder”? Chinese grass available in powder form? Used for cooking?
3. What is Fleur de Sel? Selling flower?
4. Cherries are native to which country? All of them?
5. What is carambola also known as? Ai karamba, I have no clue!
6. What spices make up five spice powder? Uhm…cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper, uhm…ground mustard seeds and anise?!
7. How do you differentiate between male and female fennel bulbs? One has a wortel, the other doesn’t?
8. What is the meaning of “smoor”, like in Smoor Snoek? (ver)smoor it? As in “Kill it”?
9. What is the difference between gremolata and chermoula? A ta?
10. Do Fig trees blossom? A fig comes off a tree? Nooit!?
11. What is galangal? What I do after brushing my teeth?!
12. Which seeds are ground to make tahini? Uhm…Mustard?
13. Which vegetable is used in baba ganoush? Baby marrow!!!
14. What is a more common name for Arugula? Dammit. I actually know this one…..pffft…brinjall???!!!
15. What is the main ingredient of kedgeree? Eggs?
I know this hurts. It didn’t hurt me one bit. I have nothing further to say today.
Have a lekker one anyways!