If I find that blooming Murphy I will wring his scrawny bloody neck! (the formatting thing is beating me, any tips please?)
Anything and everything that could POSSIBLY go wrong did! Vader. I’ve never been so frustrated or embarrassed. Okay, there was this other time…but I won’t go into that.
It was to be a video conference. So I made all the arrangements last week (while on leave)
The videoconference room was booked out, but nifty Dizzy decided (and agreed with all and sunder) that we would do it via webcam & our local IM application. I even tested that it worked with another colleague over thee-eere. It did. All sorted, neh? Well, obviously NOT!
1. The boardroom I’d booked and confirmed was usurped by someone else. No use going looking for another one at bloody 12:28 when my interview starts at bloody 12:30, right?!
2. The PA who booked and confirmed the bloody thing had gone MIA – do you think I could get hold of her? No fucking way – phone was off. Nice neh?
3. So I took a chair in the reception area, and tried connecting. I could hear and see them, they couldn’t see me. Bugger
4. We tried this THREE fucking times. Do you think there was a 3rd time lucky – no WAY was it happening for me today. Niks. Nada. Fokkol. It was like I was trying to establish a one-way connection with those aliens.
5. Eventually we decided to can the videoconf. thingie – just as well coz’ I was ready to stomp on the bloody thing by that stage. And I was sweating buckets. If I wasn’t in a public place I woulda stripped and gotten comfortable.
At least we had half an hour of productive discussions. They asked some tough questions jong, makes me wonder…..
I was so embarrassed, I could’ve died on the spot. I mean this was the MD and CEO of dept?! FFS!!! I was actually waiting for the floor for to open and mercifully release me from this nightmare! Again, luck was not smiling at me. She’s a bloody bitch.
After all that whoohaa – how’d it go? I think 5/10. If they call me back I will be gobsmacked. Probably thinking they don’t want such an incompetent idiot on their team! Bloody hell. I swear it’s a conspiracy.
Ah well, things happen as they should, right? That’s my motto anyway, so let’s see.
Oh, they did mention that if (big if, needs to be approved) I visit Holland in a few weeks time it might be a good idea to meet then. Maybe there’s hope after all? But I’m not going to read too much into this at all.
To everyone who popped in and left well-wishes –Thank You SO VERY VERY much. It is really appreciated!!
Have a fanflippentastic weekend, all my peoples!!!
PS: And I craved for a smoke, but I DID NOT GIVE IN!! I am MOERSE chuffed with myself J